All students must wear the proper school uniform, unless excused by a written note from their parents or on a non-uniform dress day given by the principal. In any case, neatness, cleanliness, and appropriate attire is always required of all students.
Simply Uniforms -- located at 7801 El Camino Real, Colma (650-757-5722) -- is the official uniform supplier for OLPH School. All uniform pieces (sweaters, pants, shirts) must be purchased at Simply Uniform Supply store.
- School sweaters must be worn to school each day. Official class graduation sweatshirts may be substituted for school sweaters in the 8th grade. Please label school sweaters with indelible nametags. Jackets may not be worn in the classroom or in church. Sweatshirts may not be worn to mass.
- Official OLPH PE uniforms should be worn on Fridays. Students who choose not to wear official PE uniforms must wear their school uniform.
- Only a solid white short-sleeved undershirt or a white turtleneck are allowed under the school shirt.
- Non-uniform dress days are given throughout the year. Students are expected to dress in an appropriate manner. Examples of unacceptable include: sandals, flip flops, shorts, halter tops, tank tops, ripped or torn garments.
- A good quality athletic shoe must be worn by all students.
- Shoes must be one solid color, either black or white.
- Markings/accents must be limited and may only be black or white.
- Shoes without good support (platform shoes, sandals, flip flops, etc.) are prohibited, as are slip-on shoes, shoes with roller wheels, and other unconventional models of footware.
- Shoes must be tied in an appropriate and proper manner at all times to ensure student safety and decorum.
- Socks must be worn at all times.
- Socks must be either white, dark green or navy in color, and at a minimum must cover the student's ankle and be visible above the shoe.
- Hairstyles must be neat and conventional. Hair must be blended or tapered. No wedged, shaved, or sculptured sides, ridges or lines, tails, dying, highlighting, coloring, or other trendy fad styles will be allowed.
- Boys' hair may not be longer than the top of the shirt's collar. Sideburns may not extend longer than the middle of the ear.
- Students must be clean shaven. Mustaches, goatees, or other facial hair are not allowed.
- Hats, bandanas, earrings, or flamboyant hair ornaments are not allowed.
- Belts must be worn with pants at all times. Boys' shirts must be tucked in pants at all times.
- Girls' skirt lengths may not be more than one inch above the knee.
- On cold days girls may wear white, dark green or navy tights
- Hairstyles must be neat and conventional. No highlighting, coloring, or other trendy fad styles will be allowed.
- Earrings are allowed for girls only. Only one pair may be worn at a time. Dangling or hoop earrings may not be worn. Excessive jewelry is not allowed.
- Make up and nail polish is not permitted.
Student in violation of the above OLPH Uniform/Dress Code policy will be subject to detention until problem is corrected. All judgments in this regard are at the discretion of the administration.